Tascam -track PCM Recorder for DSLR Video Production DR-70D
High-quality audio recorder for camera users with four XLR inputs and a stereo microphone
The DR-70D from TASCAM is the ultimate audio recording solution for filmmakers. Four balanced XLR mic inputs meet the requirements of production sound, from professional users to indie DSLR shooters. The compact format can be mounted either above or below a camera, and a pair of built-in microphones can capture sound on-set. The interface is designed for quick adjustment, with additional features to keep recording levels under control.
Four XLR mic inputs with phantom power are included on the DR-70D, enough to cover busy scenes. The High-Quality HDDA(High Definition Discrete Architecture) Mic Preamps include 64dB of gain for quiet performances, and all four inputs have individual gain controls. Each input has a limiter and low cut filter available for controlling volume. Also included is Dual Recording mode, which records a safety copy of your audio at a lower level to prevent distorted takes. Quality components like 5532 op amps are used throughout for the clearest audio possible.
Tracks on the DR-70D are captured to SD card, SDHC or SDXC media – up to 128GB cards are supported. The recorder has tripod mounts on the top and bottom of the unit, allowing it to be mounted on a camera, a follow-focus cage, or used standalone. Other production friendly features include a slate tone, low-noise buttons, a powerful headphone output, and standard AA battery power.
Uniquely designed for the needs of filmmakers, television producers, advertisers, and documentarians, the DR-70D packs multitrack recording into a package compact enough to use with any camera.
Mix and match microphone inputs with the built-in microphones
Four XLR/TRS inputs are built-into the DR-70D. The four-channel design enables combinations of shotgun microphones, lavaliere mics, and the built-in stereo mic to be recorded individually. Channels 1 and 2 can be set to stereo input and channels 3 and 4 can be set to the built-in mics, making a variety of mic configurations possible.
TASCAM’s dynamic HDDA mic preamps provide wide headroom for low distortion
Microphone preamps do much of the work to convert your mic-level signals to recordable levels, so they have a big impact on the quality of the audio that is recorded. The DR-70D uses TASCAM HDDA microphone preamps – created through careful selection of parts. An NE5532 op-amp was selected for its outstanding effect on audio quality. Through a mix of discrete architecture and hand-picked components, TASCAM has achieved an equivalent input noise level of −120 dBu.
The A/D converter is made by CIRRUS LOGIC, similar to those used in the TASCAM DR series of linear PCM recorders. This high-quality converter – miles better than those included in DSLR cameras – ensures quiet, clean audio recording. Audio resolutions up to 96kHz/24-bit are supported.
Designed for use with DSLR cameras
The DR-70Ds design is as compact as possible to stay out of the way while filming. The bottom of the unit has tripod screw threads for mounting under your camera or on a follow-focus cage. A removable camera attachment screw and hot shoe for the top of the unit are also included. The DR-70D can be attached in the way most convenient for the user by placing it between a tripod and the camera, or on top of the camera with a hot shoe mount.
Other features like an audio slate tone, camera and headphone outputs make the DR-70D the ultimate recording system for digital filmmakers.SKU: pcm 04
Tascam 24bit/96kHz Linear PCM Recorder DR-100MKII
Enhanced hardware and audio quality worthy of being called a “high-end model”
Professional linear PCM recorder supporting 24bit/96kHz
The DR-100MKII is a high-end linear PCM recorder within TASCAM’s handy recorder lineup that supports the 24bit/96kHz format.
By leveraging TASCAM’s long-career as a professional recording device brand, and incorporating on-site feedback, a refined recorder worthy of being called a “handy high-end recorder” was born.
Improved quality while maintaining the usability of the DR-100
The enhanced hardware composition built on a conventional model, the DR-100, is the biggest feature of the DR-100MKII.
The solid body and equally large independent left/right adjustable rotary input volume knob allows for precise adjustment due to its larger size.
Needless to say, it is also capable of adjusting level differences between left and the right.
Mechanical switches used for secure operation and speedy setups have been distributed across six functions.
A digital input jack is located on the side, with its line output independent from the headphones, allowing for a high level of sound quality line output that would be impossible with shared connectors.
The external inputs include unbalanced line input in addition to a locking XLR input connector, compatible with a +4dBu line level input. Headroom of 20dB has been secured, supporting audio output of images for broadcasting and acoustic equipment.
Higher sound quality attained by implementing a microphone amplifier that adopts high sound quality analog circuits and discrete parts
The DR-100MKII achieves detailed sounds through its meticulously designed high sound quality analog circuit.
By equipping a microphone amplifier with discrete parts has further improved on the S/N ratio.
As a whole, an S/N ratio of 92dB and a HD+N of 0.01% (max) was achieved.
In addition to the unidirectional high sound quality stereo condenser microphone, the omnidirectional stereo microphone useful for such purposes as recording meetings has improved sound qualities compared with conventional models.
Factory-installed remote controller that eliminates touch noise
Furthermore, a remote controller that eliminates noise from touching the unit has been factory-installed.
In addition to enabling operations via wireless infrared, a 2WAY remote control has been included that allows for wired operation in case users wish for secure, reliable operation.
Other accessories that are included are a soft case useful for carrying the device around, Li-ion batteries, and a fur windscreen.
When the DR-100MKII needs to be run for a long period of time, users can connect the device to the optional PS-P520 AC adapter and the BP-6AA external battery pack.
The DR-100MKII delivers high sound quality recording, a sense of security when working on-site, and high level of versatility that provides a reliable, high sound quality recording environment even in the most demanding sites.SKU: pcm002
The TASCAM DR-10LW is an ultra-compact, incredibly convenient digital recorder/lavalier microphone combo. For added flexibility, the included wired lavalier microphone is affixed via a 1/8” screw-down lock connector compatible with most Sennheiser lavalier mics and mics with the same connector.
Designed for both the creative filmmaker and the busy videographer, the DR-10LW is an immensely powerful problem-solving tool, delivering professional sonics and revolutionary convenience.
Ideal for location recording, a DR-10LW can be mounted to each on camera actor, removing the need for booms, wires or expensive (an unpredictable) wireless systems. Perfect or live events, a DR-10L can be worn by each and every member of even the biggest wedding party to ensure that every last word is captured. And lastly, the combination of a portable, high quality digital recorder and a tiny, professionally spec’d microphone makes the DR-10LW an inspiring tool for the experimental audio designer.
- Stealth fighter
- Building on the success of the DR-10X and the DR-10SG, the DR-10LW marries the industry standard TASCAM portable mini-recorder with a high performance lavalier mic. Easy-to-use – and easy-to-wear – the DR-10LW can become your secret weapon in the war against poor production audio.
- Dual recording records two files simultaneously at different levels
- Film-makers and videographers often experience sudden audio volume jumps during filming. An actor could decide to scream a line and a documentary subject could do almost anything. Designed to be used as a self-contained remote recording device, the DR-10LW is well prepared to deal with these scenarios.
- The DR-10LW has several features to prevent distorted audio, but the most secure is Dual Recording. This feature captures a copy of your signal at a lower level, as a safety track in case of distortion.
- Automatic file closing saves file data before the battery runs out.
- You can always monitor the battery level on the easy-to-read OLED display. If the battery runs out in the middle of a recording, the unit will automatically save the file before turning off so your take isn’t lost. And the case is designed so that batteries can be changed quickly, without removing the recorder from the belt clip.
- Automatic level, limiter and other functions solve common recording level problems.
- If the input sound level is too low or too high, an automatic level function can increase or decrease the recording volume to an appropriate level. The limiter prevents distortion caused by sudden input overloads. These functions save you from worrying about recording level settings in situations when there is no second chance.
- Compact and lightweight body that is only 63 g, including battery
- The DR-10LW has been designed to be small, light and esy to conceal. Perfect for on-camera talent, documentary subjects or entire wedding parties, the DR-10LW can easily be hidden away and so that nothing comes between you and the perfect shot (with perfect audio!)
- Operates for up to 10 hours continuously on a single alkaline AAA battery
- One easily obtained Alkaline AAA battery powers the DR-10LW for up to 10 hours continuously. The DR-10LW can also use disposable lithium or rechargeable NiMH batteries.
Features at a glance
- 44.1kHz/48kHz, 16/24-bit linear PCM mono/poly recording
- Supports WAV format (compatible with BWF format)
- Media: microSD/SDHC cards (supports 32GB capacities)
- Lavalier microphone with microphone clip and windscreen included (cable length: 160cm)
- Sliding record switch and hold function to prevent misoperation during recording
- Dual recording function
- Automatic file closing function to prevent the loss of already recorded data
- Low/Mid Low/Mid/High/High plus recording level settings
- Low-cut filter
- Automatic level function
- Built-in clock function, supports BWF files with included time information – convenient for editing and searching
- Time track incrementing function can create new files at regular intervals (about every 15 minutes) during recording
- Playback function allows recorded data to be checked immediately
- Headphone output
- Easy-to-read organic EL display
- micro USB B port enables easy data exchange with computers
- Records at least 10 hours on a single AAA battery * using alkaline batteries (EVOLTA)
- Unit settings can be created as a computer text file
- Firmware can be updated using a microSD card
- Belt clip included
- Custom case for storing the unit and accessories included
- RoHS-compliant product
Designed as part of a complete audio toolkit, the DR-10LW joins the DR-10SG and DR-10X to deliver a flexible set of solutions for any audio production issue
TASCAM DR-10 Family Feature Comparison
Mic Input Lavalier 1/8″ screw-down connector (Sennheiser format) – XLR (male) Included microphone Lavalier, omni pattern Shotgun microphone with windscreen (built-in) – Recording media microSD/SDHC card microSD/SDHC card microSD/SDHC card Recording Format WAV/BWAV file WAV/BWAV file WAV/BWAV file Recording Resolution 44.1/48kHz, 16 or 24 bit 44.1/48kHz, 16 or 24 bit 44.1/48kHz, 16 or 24 bit Dual Recording Yes Yes Yes Limiter Yes Yes Yes Audio Out 1/8″ stereo headphone jack 1/8″ stereo headphone jack 1/8″ stereo headphone jack Display High-contrast OLED High-contrast OLED High-contrast OLED Power (1) AAA battery or USB power (1) AAA battery or USB power (1) AAA battery or USB power Mounting Hardware Built-in Belt Clip Camera shoe mount – Slate Tone – Yes –SKU: dr 02
Tascam Linear PCM Field Recorder DR-680MKII
8-Track Field Recorder with up to 192kHz Resolution
The DR-680MKII is a portable multi-channel recorder that allows simultaneous recording up to 8 tracks at 96kHz/24-bit, coming equipped with 6 mic/line inputs and digital input channels.
Equipped with a TASCAM-developed high-sound quality HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone amplifier, the DR-680MKII has improved the sound quality of its op-amp and condensers through extensive listening tests.
The DR-680MKII allows high-sound quality multi-channel recording using multiple microphones at various settings such as drama and documentary productions, on-field recording, SE recording, and live concert recordings.SKU: n/a
Tascam Linear PCM Recorder DR-100MKIII
Road-ready, studio-quality 192kHz/24-bit compatible Linear PCM Recorder
TASCAM’s top-of-the-line Handheld Digital Recorder, the DR-100mkIII boasts a signal-to-noise ratio exceeding 100dB, delivering the best audio performance in the history of TASCAM portable stereo recorders. Designed to meet the needs of the most demanding audio designers and engineers, this new model combines robust reliability, an updated user interface and studio quality sonic performance to deliver a truly breathtaking audio experience.SKU: pcm 005
Tascam PCM Recorder/Mixer for DSLR DR-60D
TASCAM’s award winning DR-60D is the new audio recording solution for on-set filmmakers and videographers using DSLR’s. For years, filmmakers have been trying different methods for recording audio – includng the use of bulky recorders designed for music and trying to transform the inferior audio technology built-into DSLR’s. Now TASCAM has designed an answer that pros and amateurs alike have been waiting for.
The DR-60D is a brand new 4-track solid-state recorder utilizing TASCAM’s decades of experience. The recorder utilizes high-grade HDDA pre-amps, legendary AD converters, and a durable but lightweight structure and shape. This device will fit snuggly under any camera or into any rig, and record up to 96kHz/24-bit high quality audio straight to SD/SDHC media. Filmmakers have at their disposal two 1/4″-XLR Locking Combo MIC/LINE Inputs, 3.5mm Stereo MIC Input, Camera In, Camera Out, Line Out and Headphone Out. Both 1/4″-XLR Combo Inputs supply +48V Phantom Power and the 3.5mm Input supplies Plug-In Power for microphones requiring a bias voltage.
The DR-60D is incredibly easy to use, employing TASCAM’s very popular user interface and external controls for every major operation. The body structure, soft-touch keys and dials are designed specifically to help eliminate handling noise. The multiple record modes include, 4-Channel Record, Auto Record and TASCAM’s Dual Record “Safety Track” Mode make the DR-60D one of the most versatile recorders on the market
Features at a glance
SKU: pcm 01
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- Simultaneously record up to 4 tracks
- Record Mode：MONO, STEREO, DUAL MONO, DUAL STEREO, 4-CHANNEL
- Recording format：44.1/48/96kHz 16/24bit (WAV/BWF)
- TASCAM original HDDA microphone preamps
- Recording levels can be adjusted independently for the 1/L, 2/R and 3-4 inputs
- Two XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu line level input and phantom power (24 or 48VDC on XLRF)
- Plug-in power and high-output mic input supported on inputs 3-4
- CAMERA OUT connector for output from the DR-60D’s mixer (adjustable gain)
- CAMERA IN connector for sound monitoring from the camera
- Independent adjustable LINE OUT and HEADPHONE jacks for high-quality sound output
- 50mW/ch headphone output
- Tripod mounting socket (bottom) and DSLR mounting screw attachment (top)
- Handles protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder strap
- Soft-Touch Rubber Keys for silent operation
- HOLD switch to prevent accidental operation
- QUICK button feature for easy access to various functions
- 128×64 pixel LCD with backlight
- USB 2.0 connection for high-speed transferring of files
- Mini USB cable included
- Operates on 4-AA batteries, an AC adapter (sold separately) or USB bus power
- Can extend battery life with BP-6AA battery pack (sold separately)
- Dedicated remote control jack for the wired RC-10 remote control or RC-3F footswitch (both sold separately)
- Internal mixer: PAN and LEVEL controls
- Low cut filter(40/80/120Hz)
- Limiter (1/L and 2/R can be selected for link-operation)
- Delay function for microphone distance adjustment (up to 150ms)
- M-S decode function
- Slate tone generator (AUTO/MANUAL)
- Selectable duration of slate tone from four positions (0.5/1/2/3 sec, when auto-generated)
- Selectable slate tone generation. 3 positions: OFF/HEAD/HEAD+TAIL, when auto-generated
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or date
- Dual-recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Auto-record function can automatically start and stop recording at set level
- Pre-recording function allows the unit to record a 2 second sound buffer before recording is activated
- Self-timer function for solo recording
- New file starts recording automatically without interruption when maximum file size is reached
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- Jump back and play function
- Equalizer function for playback, and level alignment function to enhance the perceived overall sound pressure
- Resume function to memorize the playback position before the unit is turned off
- MARK function up to 99 points per audio track
- DIVIDE function
Tasccam micro linear PCM recorder DR-10L
The TASCAM DR-10L is an ultra-compact, incredibly convenient digital recorder/lavalier microphone combo. For added flexibility, the included wired lavalier microphone is affixed via a 1/8″ screw-down lock connector compatible with most Sennheiser lavalier mics and mics with the same connector.
Designed for both the creative filmmaker and the busy videographer, the DR-10L is an immensely powerful problem-solving tool, delivering professional sonics and revolutionary convenience.
Ideal for location recording, a DR-10L can be mounted to each on camera actor, removing the need for booms, wires or expensive (an unpredictable) wireless systems. Perfect or live events, a DR-10L can be worn by each and every member of even the biggest wedding party to ensure that every last word is captured. And lastly, the combination of a portable, high quality digital recorder and a tiny, professionally spec’d microphone makes the DR-10L an inspiring tool for the experimental audio designer.SKU: l01