HDIA Mic Preamp
TASCAM HDIA Mic Preamp/USB Audio Interface UH-7000
Equipped with HDIA mic preamps boasting high audio performance
24bit/192kHz USB audio interface that can also be used as a mic preamp/ADDA
The UH-7000 is a professional-grade mic preamp/audio interface that extensively pursues low noise and high sound quality. Not only can it be used as a 4IN/4OUT interface in a DAW production environment, it can also be used as a standalone mic preamp/ADDA converter.
A newly-designed HDIA mic preamp was installed in order to establish hardware with low noise and high sound quality.
The result is a high-level audio performance of −128dBu EIN, a 117dB signal-to-noise ratio and distortion ratio of 0.0009% or less.
Sturdy full-metal body focused on stability
The most careful of consideration was poured into the parts used, which include the BurrBrown PCM4220 ADC/PCM1795 DAC and its usage of thin film metal resistors, and the installment of a TCXO clock generator with +/−1ppm precision.
The UH-7000 comes in a half-rack size, making it easy to be setup around studio consoles and work desks. The unit has a full-metal body, with thick aluminum panels utilized for the front and the sides in order to increase stability. Even when it comes to the operational elements, a large aluminum volume knob has been employed to ensure users can make precise adjustments.
Consumer product, professional design
The UH-7000 is a mic preamp /audio interface that will turn the production tasks carried out in a private studio of composers, musicians, and recording engineers into a higher-level production environment.
- To stay up to date with the latest driver versions, no CD-ROM or other media is included with the package. Users should download and use the latest drivers from our website.
- When operating at 88.2kHz or 96kHz, only one of the effects (dynamics or send) can be used.
- When operating at 176.4kHz or 192kHz, no effects can be used.
- During standalone operation, the built-in DSP mixer settings cannot be changed.
- Even being use in the standalone mode for micpre, output signal go through internal digital circuit.
- Turning LINK LINE OFF with the button will cause the signal level at the ANALOG (BALANCED) OUTPUT L/R connectors to revert to full line level loudness. When turning the LINK LINE OFF, check and adjust the levels on the currently playing audio and connected monitoring equipment first.
HDIA mic preamps capture detailed nuances
Features at a glance
The High Definition Instrumentation Architecture (HDIA) mic preamp maximizes high specifications that produce the lowest noise. Parts were selected through repeated listening tests in order to confirm high-performance in both numerical ratings and actual audio quality. The instrumentation amplifier method requires a large number of parts and labor, therefore it is rarely used in ordinary audio equipment. Designed with a circuit that is used not only for professional audio equipment but also in measurement devices that handle highly detailed signals, the UH-7000 is capable of capturing the finest expressive nuances for all musical performances.SKU: TM0018
- Supports 24-bit/192kHz USB transmission and AD/DA conversion
- Support for Mac and Windows operating systems
- 4-in/4-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
- Burr-Brown PCM4220 AD converter
- Burr-Brown PCM1795 DA converter
- HDIA mic preamps: –128dB EIN
- Thin film metal resistors with outstanding noise performance
- High audio quality film capacitors with low distortion
- Low latency monitoring through the DSP mixer
- DSP mixer can be switched between multitrack and stereo mix modes
- DSP mixer enables independent adjustment of recording and monitoring levels
- Line or digital outputs can be selected using the DSP mixer
- DSP dynamics effect can be applied to inputs, outputs or the master (compressor, noise suppressor, de-essoer, exciter, EQ, limiter/low cut)
- DSP REVERB (hall, room, live, studio, plate) send effect is perfect for monitoring when recording
- Link line function enables volume control of powered monitors
- Single punch MIXER PANEL button
- Strong, highly durable aluminum body
- Large INPUT level knobs enable precise adjustment of input levels
- Two 20-segment LED level meters
- Standard TRS headphones output jack – 45mW/channel output
- +48 Phantom power supply
- Two balanced analog XLR jacks for both input and output
- Professional output specifications (maximum output level: +24 dBu)
- Two balanced analog TRS input jacks
- XLR digital input and output jacks support AES3-2003/IEC60958-4 (AES/EBU) and IEC60958-3 (S/PDIF) formats
- Three-pronged inlet power cable
- Half-rack size
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software, including Sonar X3, ProTools, Cubase and Live
- RoHS Compliant