- Switchable boost/cut ranges of ±6 or ±15 dB
- Electronically balanced/unbalanced inputs
- Servo balanced/unbalanced outputs
- RF filtered inputs and outputs
- XLR, Barrier Strip, and 1/4″ TRS connectors
- -12dB/+12dB input gain range
- 18dB/octave 40Hz Bessel low-cut filter
- Chassis/signal ground lift capability
- Internal power supply transformer
- Power-off hardwire relay bypass with 2-second power-up delay
DBX 1231 Dual Channel 31-Band Equalizer
The dbx® 12 Series were designed to meet the needs of the most demanding sound reinforcement environments, while offering the simplicity of straightforward controls. The 1231 provides standard features like dual-channels, 31 1/3 octave bands, ISO frequency centers, +/- 12 dB input gain range, and switchable 40Hz/18 dB per octave low-cut filters, but also includes other insightful features. These include 45 mm faders; selectable +/-6dB or +/-15dB boost/cut range for precise gain adjustments; XLR, barrier strip, and 1/4” TRS connectors for installation ease; balanced inputs and outputs for quiet operation; and chassis/signal ground lift capabilities for quick hum isolation. The visionary design of the dbx 12 Series makes your job easier.
The dbx 12 Series Equalizers were precision engineered to provide years of maintenance-free operation in any application. The magnetically isolated transformer, electronically balanced/unbalanced inputs and servo balanced/unbalanced outputs, RF-filtered inputs and outputs, and power-off hard-wire relay bypass with 2 second power up delay were steps our engineers took to ensure compatibility for all installations. Only the best components were utilized, yielding a 10Hz to 50kHz frequency response, greater than 90dB SNR (ref +4dBu), less than 0.005% THD +Noise (1kHz at +4dBu), and interchannel crosstalk of less than -80dB from 20Hz to 20kHz. All this attention to detail is contained in a 3U steel/aluminum chassis.
DBX 231 Dual Channel 31-Band Equalizer
With a lineage extending back to the revered 12 and 20 Series graphic equalizers, the dbx® 231 easily lives up to the dbx reputation at a price point which can find a home in the tightest of budgets. Besides including two 31-band channels of 1/3-octave equalization, the 231 also offers ±6 or ±12 dB boost/cut range; XLR, 20mm faders and 1/4″ inputs; nonconductive nylon sliders; and an intuitive user interface with comprehensive output and gain reduction metering. As always, the inevitable result of our meticulous attention to detail and top-quality componentry is exceptional sound, performance, and reliability.
The 2-Series represents a major step forward in the performance of entry-level graphic equalizers. From its amazing 10Hz to 50kHz frequency response, to its 108dB dynamic range and internal toroidal transformer, the 2-Series offers out of this world specifications with a down to earth price point. Sure to find a home in the studio, on tour and with installed sound venues, the 2-Series is destined to take its rightful place in the lineage of great dbx® signal processors that are the Professional’s Choice™. With such affordable quality, there’s no longer any excuse for compromising your sound.
- Two 31-band, 1/3-octave Constant Q frequency bands
- Switchable boost/cut ranges of ±6 or ±12 dB
- 12dB per octave 50Hz low-cut filter
- Front panel bypass switch
- ±12 dB input gain range
- 4-segment LED ladders for monitoring output levels
- XLR and TRS Inpts and Outputs
- Internal Toroidal Transformer
- Frequency Repsonse of <10Hz to >50kHz
- Dynamic range of greater than 108dB